- Horse of the Year (HOTY)
- Showcase Artist
Donating to MEPSA
Judging for MEPSA
Showing with MEPSA
- Qualifier Show Information
- Qualifier Class List
- Show Dates & Judges
- Novice Shows
- International Championship Show
- Gallery of Champions
- International Proxy Showing Service
Photo Showing Tips
MEPSA Docs for Download
MEPSA is looking for entries for the Tack Contest!
Entries are due May 30, 2014
WIN AN O-U-DOLL NEW CM GYMKHANA DOLL FROM JOAN YOUNT or a SEUNTA U/F RESIN TIED GOAT! Winners choice!
MEPSA is holding a model horse tackmaking contest as a MEPSA Benefit. This contest is open to ALL. Winner will be decided by popular vote. Voting will be open to ALL. One person = one vote. Voting will be done on the modelequines blog at http://modelequines.blogspot.com. You do not have to join any group in order to vote. This is a great way to get your work shown to a potentially huge audience, win a great award and help MEPSA put on a terrific Championship show!
1) All tack must have been made by the entrant. All major parts of any sets must have been made by the entrant. For example, you may not make a saddle pad, and enter someone else's saddle with your saddle pad as an entry. However, if the saddle is your work, a saddle pad made by someone else (and noted) may be included as part of one entry. The tack may be previously made or made especially for this contest. Your identity, as tackmaker, should be kept under wraps until the voting is over. Please don't tell everyone which entry is yours. Guessing is part of the fun!
2) Tackmaker may enter any type tack (Western, English, Native costume, historical, circus, other, etc.) in any scale and the tack may be anything, ranging from a halter and lead set to a complete set with saddle.
3) All finished tack may have a clear digital or scanned photo of each side, on a model, sent in to MEPSA- Carolyn Bailey- firstname.lastname@example.org or Laurel Dedes- email@example.com - and Laurel can do the photographs for you if needed, when the tack is received.
4) ALL entered tack becomes property of MEPSA to raise funds or use as Championship show awards. This is a MEPSA Benefit contest. Tackmaker must send the finished tack to MEPSA upon completion- Carolyn Bailey, 971 Trailside Ln, Bartlett, IL 60103-5159- or Laurel Dedes, 5193 Coventry Ln., Barboursville, VA 22923-1618- at their own expense.There is no other fee to enter.
5) Winner will be awarded a new custom gymkhana girl doll from the super talented Joan Yount of O-U-Doll Studio or a wonderful SEUNTA tied resin goat, waiting for your finish. Great prizes for your performance showing! Winner's choice.
6) The contest will be publicized heavily on the Internet and in model horse groups. Please help spread the word!
7) Deadline for producing your tack and entering it is May 30th, 2014. Voting will take place in early June. We will accept entries from now until May 30th.
8) MEPSA appreciates an intent to enter statement as soon as you determine that you will enter, sent to Laurel Dedes- firstname.lastname@example.org This is not binding, but will give us an idea how many entries to expect. Thank you! Please help support model horse photo showing by entering!
FOR SALE BY MEPSA
Click the picture to go to the MH$P ad:
|OOAK Buz-Kasha COSTUME By KIM JACOBS
||Western Mechanical Hackamore Bridle
MEPSA's first contest of 2014!
The Entries for the Stablemate Custom Contest are due March 8, 2014!
MEPSA is holding a Stablemate/Chips scale customization contest as a MEPSA Benefit. This contest is open to ALL. Winner will be decided by popular vote. Voting will be open to ALL. One person = one vote. This is a great way to get your work shown to a large audience, possibly win an award and help MEPSA put on a terrific Championship Show. MEPSA needs mini scale models to award in our Championship show.
1) Artist provides the model to be customized. The model must be Stablemate or Chips scale. Each entrant may enter one or two models.
2) Artist may use any technique, any materials and customize the model any way they choose. This contest is open to any equid- not only horses, but donkeys, zebras, fantasy equines, etc.
3) All finished models must have a clear digital or scanned photo of each side, sent in to MEPSA- Laurel Dedes- email@example.com. MEPSA can do the photographs for you if needed, when we receive your entry.
4) ALL entered models become property of MEPSA to raise funds or use as Championship Show awards. This is a MEPSA Benefit contest. Artist must send the finished model to MEPSA upon completion- Carolyn Bailey, Bartlett, IL.- firstname.lastname@example.org- at their own expense. There is no other fee to enter.
5) Winner will receive a mini scale unfinished “Merlin” artist resin!
6) All non-winners will be entered into a 2nd chance drawing from the non-winning contest entrants by MEPSA at the end of the season for a nice prize!
7) The contest will be publicized heavily on the Internet and in model horse groups. Please help spread the word!
8) Deadline for producing your model and entering it is March 8th, 2014. Voting will take place in mid to late March.
Join us on the mepsa-list at yahoogroups!
MEPSA is an open photo show organization. You do not need to pay any membership fees to show. No registration needed. Just send your models, return envelope and your show fee, and you will be competing with some very high quality models. Not quite there yet? MEPSA also has a Novice division, designed to help coach new MEPSA showers to reach the level they need to achieve to be successful in the open division!
The Entries for the Writing Contest are due January 15, 2014!
Here is a sample of the performance pictures that will be awarded to the winner:
(tack and doll not included; winner will receive model and performance photos)
More information can be found at: http://www.modelhorsesalespages.com/view.asp?id=1048077
The 2013/2014 Contest Schedule is now Up!
Get your entries ready; this is going to be a fantastic show season!
Click Here to view all of the available Contests.
Congratulations to the Winner of our Costume Contest, Kim Jacobs, with her Buz-Kasha Costume!
| Congratulations to the winner of our Prop Contest, Kristen Williams, with her Stablemate hunter/jumper set!
The "road prop" by Kristian Beverly was a close 2nd.
"Scirocco" o/b Jennifer Floyd
"Bjorn" o/b Kathy Dodson
"Sacagawea" o/b Betty Hook
"Frank" o/b Allison Malone
"Maquara" o/b Kim Jacobs
"Rap's Silver Fox" o/b Gayle Goodling
"Everlasting Heritage" o/b Betty Hook
Congratulations to the Winner of the MEPSA Stablemate/Chips Scale Customization Contest, Yvonne Stevens with her pinto sporthorse mini resin.
Congratulations to the Winner of our Tack Making Contest, Lindy Pinkham with her Circus Set!
Click here to see all of the entries and the voting results.
Congratulations to the Winner of our Writing Contest, Anne Field on her "how to" article on "in hand" showing and Thank You to our Judge!
We received 13 entries and they were sent to our judge, Jeanne Grunnert of EquineArt Creations without the authors' names.
Our Traditional Scale CM Contest was a huge success!
Congratulations to Stephanie Hicks of Plucky Pony Ranch with her overo Gilen/Heartbreaker Foal.
MEPSA NEEDS ARTISTS!
The MEPSA body box has been a success. We have many very nice bodies available! Now, we need artists willing to finish one for MEPSA. We can even provide postage back and forth if needed. We may be able to do the prep work before sending the body to you. We have no restrictions on how you choose to finish the piece. Simple customs are fine, as is more complex work. Colors are wide open- even decorators. All we ask is that your work be proven quality, and you can get it back to us in a stated time frame.
Please contact Laurel at email@example.com with requests for a body, a list of available bodies or general questions.
2012 Donation by Joan Yount
CURRENT BODY LIST AS OF 12/9/13
G1 Arabian Stallion
G1 Laying Down Foal
G1 QH stallion (2)
G1 Native Dancer
G1 Thoroughbred Stading Foal
G2 Galloping Drafter (2)
G2 Morgan (3)
G2 Rearing Arabian (3)
G2 Rearing Arabian (partially painted may need stripping)
G2 Cantering Foal
G2 Scrambling Foal
G2 Scratching foal
G2 Thoroughbred (5)
G2 Warmblood (3)
G3 Rearing Andalusian (2)
Grey halfinger? Welsh? G4? Rear leg cracked
Schleich Shire Gelding
LITTLE BIT / STONE PEBBLE
Arabian Foal (tail missing)
Black Beauty (2)
Western Pony (needs sticky paint stripped)
Action Stock Horse Foal (2)
Andalusian (rear leg broken; piece missing)
Black Beauty (old mold; rear leg broken)
Jumper with wall-tail removed
Family Arabian Mare (2)
Justin Morgan (3)
Oldenburg (tail broken)
Man O War (old mold)
Phar Lap (2)
Proud Arabian Foal
Proud Arabian Mare (2)
Proud Arabian Stallion
San Domino (broken rear leg)
Running Stallion (front leg broken)
Shetland Pony (4)
Stock Horse Mare
Stone Performance Horse
Unknown Morgan/Pony type Stallion (3 broken legs)
|The MEPSA Mission Statement:
The mission of the Model Equine Photo Showers Association is to serve as an inclusive organization to promote photo showing in the model horse hobby.